TCHART Cycle Time Charting Program is a free software application from the CAD subcategory, part of the Graphic Apps category.
The app is currently available in English and it was last updated on 2008-07-27. The program can be installed on Win98, WinME, WinNT 3.x, WinNT 4.x, Windows2000, WinXP, Windows2003.
TCHART is a time study tool that constructs Gantt charts. It is a computer program written in VBA (Visual Basic for Applications) and runs in Excel. It depicts the sequence of events of a repeating task.
It is similar in appearance to many Gantt charting software packages that are available, but is distinguished from these in that the object of study of TCHART is a repeating task, whereas the object of study of all the others (I have seen) is a one time only task, such as a project.
The program features the calculation of slack time for each element, which is the amount of time the element can be increased with no increase in overall cycle time.
One use of this program is in the design of semi-automatic systems. For example, in a machine tending problem, the program may help you:
(1) Determine a workable sequence of operations.
(2) Identify which devices or machines may be slowed down and which need to be sped up.
(3) Justify the existence of machine pre-loaders to reduce operator waiting and/or cycle time.
(4) Justify the existence of load stands to facilitate the operator relinquishing a sub-assembly and returning to it at a more convenient time.
(5) If multiple operators are working the same production cell, to help insure they don't cross paths.
(6) To help perform certain safety checks, such as operator proximity to a machine when it is cycling.
We offer a fee based service that operates as follows:
(a) You email us your data.
(b) We solve the data.
(c) We email you the solution.
(d) You read in and chart the solution, using the user version of the program.
TCHART Cycle Time Charting Program (version 51.1) has a file size of 4.00 MB and is available for download from our website.
Just click the green Download button above to start. Until now the program was downloaded 656 times.
We already checked that the download link to be safe, however for your own protection we recommend that you scan the downloaded software with your antivirus.